Monday, July 2, 2012

The peanut butter rant or how I got here

Meanwhile, in Canada...
The have sub-par peanut butter. Assuming that Canadians are less obese than Americans...yep, their peanut butter has less sugar. I went into a No Frills grocery store and they have a million types of all natural, low sugar peanut and almond butter. And these fucking Kraft bears, who lure you in with promises of taste with their adorable bear faces...but, alas, it's gross.
 
Look how sweet they are. All French-speaking and waving.

All I want is some SKIPPY! (ok, seriously, their website is www.peanutbutter.com), or Jif (after all you know what they say about choosy moms and dads!) Perhaps my taste for more sophisticated, stir-able, peanut butter will grow as my taste for sugary eat from a spoon, fuckiti'musingmyfingerstoeatthissincetherearenocleandishes, wanes. Obviously I'll keep you posted as more taste buds die on this one.

I flew back from TO tonight, via Porter Airlines. Now we can talk about Porter later, but you should know for the purposes of this story that they give you wine. FREE WINE.
Needless to say drinking+air travel=insta-drunk, and I started thinking: "How the hell did I get to this point?" is what was sloshing through my mind. I've flown back to NYC for the last time as a resident, and the next time I go to Canada, it's for good (or for now, who knows what's ahead?!).

Tonight I leave you with poutine (which I haven't had):


No comments:

Post a Comment