Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bienvenue au Canada

Meanwhile, in Canada...they're TOTALLY cool with your tits being to the wind.

I did an awful lot on my first day in Canada. I went for a run on the waterfront, unpacked...well the coolest thing I did was go for a 10 mile short little bike ride. I left my apartment and went for a lovely ride out to the Humber Bay Bridge along the Lake Ontario Waterfront.

Here's a picture of downtown TO (you can kinda make out the CN tower) from the Humber Bay Bridge.

On the way back, I'm riding, and smiling, and lost my water bottle somewhere along the way. And I pass Sunnyside Park, where I fully intend on loafing while reading a book sometime soon, and what do I see but 5 heavily tattooed women who are all sorts of bare-breasted. Turns out that anywhere men can go topless women can also go topless (wooooo!). Sadly that means that I'll have to put my shirt back on to go to a restaurant, but, as someone so eloquently put it on Yelp; I can walk around with my "sweet tits out" on Younge Street if I so choose. I'm gonna say probably not.

Getting here was a horse of a different color:

Dave and I woke up at 4:30am on
Monday determined to leave by 5:30, didn't get on the road until about
5:50 because Nibbles wouldn't eat (he knew I was trying to drug him!).
I drove the u-haul through the city and out to Jersey when all hell
breaks loose and Nibbles has busted out of the cat carrier and is
(claws ablaze) scaling Dave who is yelling in agony while chunks of
his leg are removed by cat claws. Dave and I switch, and he drives
while I wrestle Nibbles into my lap since he's made it clear there's
no way in hell he's going back in the carrier...so he flops on my lap
for an hour
.




 We stop for gas in PA, which took about a half hour to
find no thanks to Google Maps, and afterwards Nibbles makes a break
for it and jumps into Dave's lap (Dave is driving at the time).
                                                                Should I or shouldn't I?


 He proceeds to spend from around Scranton, PA to Buffalo, NY sitting on
Dave while Dave drives.

                                                                  Clearly, I should.

We get to Buffalo and unload the uhaul and are at the US/Canada border
around 4:20pm waiting in line and I'm about to have a stroke because
I'm so nervous that they're going to spend hours searching the car and
questioning us. We pull up and it's a girl in her mid-late 20's who
asks us how long I'm visiting and we explain the situation she looks
at us, and says "you know you can't work right?" "oh and you know once
you're married we can add something to your passport so you can travel
to and from the us/canada without any problems just make sure you come
down together" Wow..nice...then she asks to open the car door so she
can see what we have inside, then changes her mind and asks us to just
tell her what I'm bringing over: and we tell her 4 bags, a bike, a cat
and my wedding dress.
She says welcome to canada and lets us through after like 4 minutes of
questions and didn't even ask to look at anything, or see the cat or
his health certificate (Which i offered to show her)!!!!

                                                         Blurry photo of the border.
Welcome to Canada!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment